Investment banking as a career post MBA
Investment banking has been a go-to industry for fresh graduates who complete their MBA. This specific sector of banking or finance helps companies in raising capital for their organization. They also specialize in offering consultancy services to them. The high paying potential of this sector makes it the most longed for a career for many. Getting into a career as an investment banker is bewildering but not impossible. It requires you to stand out in a crowd full of intelligent people and show them your real potential. Most top-notch banks prefer MBA graduates for they are pretty well-versed in finance and analytics.
- Reason for the popularity: As an MBA student, investment banking is one field that would provide you endless learning opportunities that would help you advance in your career. Any entry-level banker is usually given a very fast-paced internship that helps you in building a strong base in finance and marketing. Whether you stay in the job or switch your career track, the experience as an investment banker itself will make you resume more valuable. The high pay is also the most common reason for the graduates to prefer this sector.
Skill sets that coincide: It's not an easy task to get into a job that has just hundreds of opening in every cycle and when
you're competing with a bunch of worthy applicants. A bulky skillset is expected from an
applicant and this mostly coincides with the skills that a business school will help you develop.
This is the biggest reason for many MBA graduates to opt for this career path.
Listed below are a few of the skills a viable MBA graduate is presumed to have, that may push you ahead in the race.
- Customer rapport: An investment banker would have to ultimately sell their service to a customer through the relationship he builds with them. A management study would prepare you with loads of practical conferences and seminars to become more social.
- Leadership: The ability to manage a group and make insightful decisions even in a stressful situation makes you a good leader. Developing leadership skills is the general mission in any business management program.
- Communication and presentation: An MBA graduate is trained to be good at linguistic knowledge and body language. The program shapes you to view any situation from a business perspective. It's all about marketing yourself and a management graduate is expected to nail it.
- Networking: Without a proper network, it is close to impossible to get into the field of investment banking. The B-schools organize frequent inter-college and industry merged gatherings which are great opportunities for the students to build their contacts.
- Negotiation skills: In a job of influencing and convincing the other person, negotiation is the key to success.
With guidance from the experienced faculties and the experts from the field, Lexicon MILE provides you a stage to mould you to fulfill your aspiration. Our University's placement unit coordinates with many companies and arranges for an on-campus interview exclusively for our students opening the widest door for our students.